Justice for Hispanics®
Drug Crime Attorney –
Defending Hispanics since 2000
Attorney Javier Marcos believes in Justice for Hispanics. From the start of his successful law firm in 2000, Attorney Javier Marcos has worked diligently in representing the Hispanic people of Houston in criminal defense cases, personal injury cases, and cases involving construction liens. If you have a DWI, have been arrested, accused of domestic violence, accused because of drugs, you need to call a drug crime attorney, 713.528.7711.
Houston Drug Crime Attorney
Arrested for a Drug Crime in Houston, Texas?
Drug crimes are one of the most severely punished offenses in the state of Texas and throughout the United States. If you were arrested for drugs, whether possession, trafficking, sale or any other type of offense, you will be aggressively prosecuted and may even face a mandatory minimum sentence. Call Attorney Javier Marcos for help.
Common types of Drug Crime
- Drug Possession: It’s a crime under federal and state to possess any substances like marijuana, cocaine or heroin.
- Possession for Sale: A person may be charged with drug manufacturing if you are involved in any step of the production. The delivery is also considered a crime under federal and state laws.
- Drug Trafficking: It is more serious than just drug possession because it involves the transportation of large amounts of drugs. The sentence can be from 3 years to life in prison.
- Marijuana Offenses: Manufacture or distribution of less than 50 plants or 50 kilograms is punishable by up to 5 years in prison and/or a fine.
- Drug Paraphernalia: This describes any equipment that is used to prepare, inject, inhale or conceal illegal drugs.
Sentencing for Drug Crime
|Any amount (first offense)||misdemeanor||1 year||$ 1,000|
|Any amount (second offense)||misdemeanor||15 days* – 2 years||$ 2,500|
|Any amount (subsequent offense)||misdemeanor or felony||90 days* – 3 years||$ 5,000|
|* Mandatory minimum sentence|
|Less than 50 kg||felony||5 years||$ 250,000|
|50 – 99 kg||felony||20 years||$ 1,000,000|
|100 – 999 kg||felony||5 – 40 years||$ 500,000|
|1000 kg or more||felony||10 years – life||$ 1,000,000|
|To a minor or within 1000 ft of a school, or other specified areas carries a double penalty.|
|Gift of small amount — see Possession|
|Less than 50 plants||felony||5 years||$ 250,000|
|50 – 99 plants||felony||20 years||$ 1,000,000|
|100 – 999 plants||felony||5 – 40 years||$ 500,000|
|1000 plants or more||felony||10 years – life||$ 1,000,000|
|Sale of paraphernalia||felony||3 years||N/A|
Drug crime | Your Call Is Important
It’s important that you quickly call Attorney Javier Marcos & Associates so that you can learn your rights and do not worsen your legal position. If you have been arrested, do not talk to the police, ask for Attorney Javier Marcos. Let us help you in your criminal case. We can help you reduce your criminal charge to a lesser offense, lessen the severity of the punishment, reduce or eliminate jail time and help you do a defense strategy.
Attorney Free Consultation is provided by Javier Marcos and Associates, your information is 100% confidential. We can help you if you have been if you have been arrested, have a DWI, DUI, criminal charges, sentencing or need a drug defense it is important to call right now.